Wednesday, March 19, 2008

AloHA to Real Travel

Being one who loves to travel, I selected a travel tool from the Web 2.0 awards list. It's name: Real Travel. Unfortunately, it was a big disappointment.

Last year, my daughter travelled to Puebla, Mexico through a college exchange program. She absolutely loved it. Puebla is a vibrant, colorful city deep in the heart of Mexico. Accordingly, I selected Puebla as my fictitious destination to research on the Real Travel site.


Real Travel managed to provide me with a long list of hotels (advertisers, no doubt), but no restaurants and no activities. Give me a break. I know for a fact that there are both. But what I found most odd is the fact that both Forbes and Business Week voted this site to be essential to travel planning. Hello. What's up with that? I've had much better luck with budgettravel.about.com and tripadvisor.com.

So I say Alo-HA to Real Travel. (Just remember, aloha can also mean "goodbye").

No comments: